Hi Mike,

I had to perform the temp compensation a few times.  A couple of those
times necessitated a retry due to operator error in the setup :-)  I
eventually achieved a level of proficiency in preparing to apply the heat
source.  Initially, I used a hair dryer the first couple of times.  But the
drift was still present.  I then used an incandescent light bulb (60W I
believe) in a small articulated desk lamp.  This worked much better as the
temp rise was more consistent over a longer period of time.  After that
successful calibration, I have yet to see any drift or be called out for
having drift by another ham.

The KX3 temp compensation is brilliant for a fanless rig once it is
calibrated correctly.

regards,
Brian
VE3IBW