Saw this excellent suggestion the other day, and waited a few days to try it out before commenting.  I've had the sub Rx in my K3 for a couple of years now, and always had it setup for a-b.  I was frequently turning off the sub Rx to hear the DX in both ears.  The a-ab setting helps a lot-- don't know how I passed over this setting.  It's tips like this that make this Elecraft Reflector worthwhile.  Thanks, Peter!

73,

Chuck Guenther  NI0C
K3/P3, KX1, KX2