From: K9MA <k...@sdellington.us>
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 1:53 PM
To: Peter Dougherty <li...@w2irt.net>
Cc: Reflector Elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA-1500 tuner questions

Just a general comment on the KPA1500: My experience with it shows that the
SWR has to be below 1.2:1 at the amplifier output (ATU input) to run
reliably at full power. If the SWR is higher than that, the amp will often
fault due to excessive current or drive power before reaching 1500 W.  (And
may splatter on SSB.) Elecraft recently updated the ATU firmware to
consistently find a better match, and it really helps.

73,
Scott K9MA

Scott Ellington

 --- via iPad