Well that's just it, the SWR is very, very high in the phone portions of
both 40 and 80.

I can't see any other way to accomplish full automated operation without the
second tuner. I am loathe to have two of them together, but I just can't see
any other way. I occasionally remote my own station, and even when not, I
can't risk another high power/high-SWR error, so on QSY I have no
alternative but to pre-tune before keydown.

40m is below 2:1 until around 7090ish, then rises very rapidly above that.
It's 8:1 at 7295.
80m is below 2:1 from 3500 to 3700ish, then rises to 10:1 by 4000 (although
it's closer to 5.5:1 at 3850, as high as I'll ever go.

 - pjd