From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> on
behalf of Frank via Elecraft <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 12:04 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] TX Gain Calibration Fails on 6 meters

I purchased Elecraft K3S S/N 11672 in August 2018.  The build was completed in
November 2018.  At that time all the tests and calibrations were completed
successfully.

Now the TX Gain Calibration fails on Low Power and High Power on 50 MHz. only.

Page 67 of Elecraft K3S owners manual TXGN Description states LP 0-12W and
HP 13-120W.

On 160-10 meters I hear the relay switch from LP to HP amplifier when the power
adjustment is increased from 12 to 13W as described.

On 6 meters the relay switches from LP to HP amplifier when the power is
adjusted from 8 to 9W.

The error message states “TX Calibration failed because Transmit Power did not
reach the expected value.”

The TX calibration is performed per the instructions into a proper 50 ohm dummy
load.

I submitted this to Elecraft Support last week but have not received a
response, so I thought I would ask the group for ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Frank
K6FW