Gary,

Have you considered that there may be something in your antenna system that is heating up or otherwise changing with the 1500 watts power? The first thing I would suspect is a balun that is heating, or a connector that is not quite tight enough.

Those kind of problems will not show up at lower power, but at 1500 watts may become troublesome.

73,
Don W3FPR