From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Don Wilhelm
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2019 11:22 AM
To: Buck <radiok...@gmail.com>; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Mic Noise

Buck,

It sounds like that noise is coming from whatever computer software application
you are using.  You mentioned N1MM.
When you unplug the USB cable, whatever software you are using loses
communications with the radio.
When you plug it back in, that program is not attempting to re-establish
communications.

What applications do you have active on your computer?

I again suggest you get the microphone to work first - unplug everything from
the K3 except the microphone, the power and the antenna connection.  There may
be something unrelated to the microphone going awry, so eliminate everything
except the microphone.  When that works, build things back up one at a time
until you discover the culprit.

73,
Don W3FPR