I am considering these two filters for a K2 that I'm about to buy. I'm mainly a cw guy.

I've had experience with audio filters, but not DSP. Actually now that I think about it, my TS-570DG has an audio DSP filter of sorts. I strongly dislike the audio coming out of it as harsh and grainy.

I've listened to the demos for ssb and cw on the Elecraft site for the DSP filter. The noise reduction is dramatic, but the audio sounds, well, digital. If the K2 is as quiet a receiver as I've read, does the DSP trash up the received audio? And how does it do with power line noise?

I would be interested in anyone's comments and impressions of these two filters in real world operating situations, even though they are apples and oranges. Is DSP worth three times the money in your opinion, and why?

John  W9LHG  K1 #2174