Totally agree.  See my QRZ bio.

Wes  N7WS

On 3/23/2019 3:24 PM, Rick WA6NHC wrote:
While the ARRL has accepted remotes as 'legal' for DXCC credit (a dubious decision) IF the user is within the same entity as the rest of the DXCC entries on the application, it then becomes a moral issue.  It's faster than driving around the entity for better propagation, also entirely 'legit'; or owning several stations scattered about (also legal for DXCC and brings up the argument of 'buying' the DXCC, ignored for the moment).

Ultimately, all operators must live with the moral choices they've made... no one else can shame or praise them as much as they do to themselves; presuming that each is honest to ones self.

I can say with certainty that every entry in my log was made with my radio, using my antenna(s) that I put up personally (sometimes with assistance in this arena).  Since I don't really compete against others and my fiercest competition, is me.  That is the (moral) choice one must use; to be true to self.  I refer to any DXCC standings, simply to see how I'm doing in the overall 'game'.  Using my station remotely while traveling, doesn't affect that; it's still MY station.

In fairness, not everyone can have a station these days (HOA, budget, space) so there is a place for a remote station... I'm not belittling that.  But HOW it's used, is again, a moral choice. For me, having a selection of rented stations about, just to use the best propagation, violates my ethics.  Choose wisely, you have to live with yourself.

73
Rick NHC