Some people go through radios like eating popcorn. I am sort of the opposite animal.  I too bought a K3 about three weeks before the K3S was announced. I suspected something was going on when I discovered that there was a new synthesizer in my new K3. I was not too upset at all. Anyway, I now have three K3 radios and view them as being all of my "children". I can't bring myself to sell any of them even though I don't need multiple rigs anymore. (We had a multi-multi station and I have about 6 or 7 Bird 43 meters as well!) Each K3 is outfitted for different situations. One is a bare bones 10 watt version that is great for portable operating.

I will see what happens in the future, but for now, I am pretty darn happy with receiver performance today.  Ham radio is a hobby, not a business. I don't have to maximize profits to satisfy investors.  If I am not using it, I put it on a shelf. I have been stung so many times in the past by selling off items that I thought I did not need.

Dave K1WHS