Ray,

You can set the gain parameter (FLxGN) parameter in the menu to compensate for that. Either use K3 Utility or set it manually in the CONFIG menu.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 4/2/2019 9:29 AM, Ray Spreadbury via Elecraft wrote:
I have recently fitted a Sub Receiver & some additional filters to my new to
me K3S. I now have in the main RX, a 6K for AM, a 2.8K, 2.1K, 0.4K & 0.25K.
In the sub RX there is a 2.8K, 2.1K, 0.7K, 0.4K & 0.25K. I have a problem
with the 0.4K filter position in both receivers. Between about 0.45 & 0.35
in both receivers there is an immediate drop in volume, still copyable but
not working correctly.