From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of HB
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2019 19:47
To: Elecraft list <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] KX3 Utility problem: serial port is closed

Hey folks…
I have an unusual (I think) problem.  I have a KX3 that I have used the KX3
utility software with several times without issue.  Today when I start the
software there is no COM port to select.  In the bottom left hand part of the
KX3 PORT window is says Serial Port is Closed. (I’m using the Elecraft USB
cable for the KX3).

I can’t get it to work.  I can control my Kx3 with DXLabs using the COM port no
problem.  I can use the Elecraft Frequency editor with no problem.  I can use
WinLink Express no problem.  But when I start the KX3 utility software I can’t
select a COM port – there are none listed.

Here is my troubleshooting so far:
1. I know the COM port is there – it works for other software 2. I used the
FTDI driver removal tool and uninstalled the FTDI drivers 3. I uninstalled the
KX3 software 4. Reinstalled everything – but the issue remains

Any ideas?

PC: Surface Pro Laptop w/Windoze 10

Hank
K4HYJ