Hank,

Re-boot the computer - it seems all the problems are in your computer. Oh, yes, power cycle the KX3 too, but that will not likely make a difference.

After rebooting the computer, look in Device Manager to see which COM port your computer assigned to the KXUSB adapter, and use that COM port in all your applications as well as KX3 Utility.

Windows sometimes changes the COM port (in its infinite wisdom) for you.

73,
Don W3FPR