I didn't spend any time at the Flex booth, although their signas touted SmartSDR Version 3, so I expect they were also talking about multiFlex.

While there may not be a lot of use for multiFlex in the normal DX chaser, perhaps except for those stations that really don't want US responses so transmit in the US phone band but listen in the US CW band, there are some interesting uses for DXpeditions.

AA7JV was interested in running both CW and FT8 on 160M with one amplifier and transmit antenna. (He said setting up two stations was too much work, and you needed to be running both modes on those "magic nights" when 160 was open.)

He described an approach using a Flex in his talk at the Topband dinner and in his ""The RIB: Radio In a Box for DXpeditions" session.

The idea of RIB is to put the box in the rare DX with a generator and antenna, and operate it from the boat off shore via UHF based internet, just visiting the DX to set up, service the generator, and tear down.

73 Bill AE6JV