From: "Don Wilhelm" <donw...@embarqmail.com>
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2019 9:51:15 PM
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3S Audio buzz on transmit, especially AM

In addition to operating from a battery isolated from the solar system,
I would recommend that you do a quick test - remove all cables from the
K3S except the power cable and a coax to a dummy load. Power down all
power supplies in your station, including any desk lamps.
Go into Transmit by tapping the XMIT button.
Is the hum still present? If not, then start connecting things to your
K3S one at a time, doing the same test after each thing connected.

Of course, if the hum is present with nothing connected, contact
supp...@elecraft.com - but I cannot imagine a hum with harmonics of 60
Hz being induced if you take away all the 60 Hz operated sources in the
area.

73,
Don W3FPR