Bottom end of the audio passband at 500 because all heartbeats etc. should
normally be in 500-1000Hz range.  As to bandwidth, I am in a very noisy City
environment in London.  My antenna is a 12m  end fed wire tied to the top of a
wooden fence - and half of that length is shielded as it is between two houses.

A narrow bandwidth simply keeps the noise levels down, but will still capture
virtually all the JS8Call traffic.  80m is unusable unless I can narrow the
passband right down.

John G7LTQ