>> But Flex messed with the firmware to where if you were in full QSK mode and
>> used the internal ATU a loud relay would start clicking when sending CW
>> characters,  messing with the normally quiet QSK changeover from RX to TX.

Lousy QSK makes it a non-starter.  Flex has always had issues with CW — QSK
with too much latency to work to, now, clunky QSK?  And the Sun looks nice, but
I would never buy a radio hanging its hat  on Microsoft, especially on Windows
10.

On buying that last retirement radio — I bought an Orion as my retirement
radio.  Then I bought an Orion II as my absolute last upgrade.  Then I bought a
well-appointed K3.  It never really ends :-)

A “breathtaking" display doesn’t necessarily make a radio any better.  I guess
if I'd come up in the iPhone generation I’d think differently about that.  But
we’ll see — a K4 would have to be a markedly better RADIO first.

Grant NQ5T
K3 #2091 KX3 #8342