I probably shouldn't give away secrets but if you try this on some big DXpeditions, you will be sorely disappointed.

For example when I was calling VP8STI on RTTY (my friend AA7A operating) I tried calling on his last listen frequency but he never seemed to call two stations who were on the same frequency.  So I started looking for a pattern; many guys will tune up (or down) a few Hz or kHz and pick another caller.  This didn't seem to be the case either.  After nearly two hours I finally determined his pattern was.... he didn't have one, he randomly tuned after every Q.  I finally picked a relatively clear frequency and called for awhile until he found me.  I queried him about this later and he confirmed.

In either of these cases you really don't need a second RX to figure this out.  Your time is better spent learning sequences and planning when and where to call instead of constantly tuning trying to find the last guy worked. Besides all of the other two-receiver guys who don't know any better are going to be calling on the same frequency too.

Wes  N7WS