I was one of the fellows who helped John test the PLL VCO temperature
stability mod. To do that I wanted to heat up the K2 to in internal air
temperature of my K2 up to about 120F or so for a period of time and then do
drift measurements.

I did that by loading a memory with CW, then putting the K2 into "repeat"
mode at 100 watts into a dummy load, then going away for half an hour or so
while it slammed out 100 watts of CW. I used no additional cooling - only
what the little internal fan provides.

Transmit times were at least 30 minutes, continuous CW, at 100 watts output.
There were no issues with the heat produced.

The CW speed doesn't matter, by the way. It's the duty cycle that determines
how much heat is produced. The duty cycle is the ratio of key down to key up
time. While higher speeds mean the key goes down more rapidly, the ratio of
key down to key up remains unchanged no matter what speed a given text is
sent.

IMPORTANT; It is very important to remember to tighten the final amplifier
mounting screws after an initial "run-in" period as described in the KPA100
manual. If your experience is like mine, you'll find them loose and in
danger of not maintaining good thermal contact with  the heat sink if you
don't go back and tighten them. Once I did the initial re-tightening per the
manual, I've not found them loose again. I've used my KPA100 for about three
years now.

Ron AC7AC