>"If K4 uses a super-set of K3 commands then I assume it would support KY
mode ( ASCII characters transmitted over the CAT interface) for CW.     I
think this mode would be a lot better known if it was supported by N1MM+
but, last time I checked, it isn't."

If Elecraft has partnered with Microbit, then that saved a whole lot of
remote development time and RemoteRig could easily be embedded into the K4,
either on it's own board, or on the K4 I/O interface.  If that's the case, I
hope an option could be added to transmit complete characters in addition to
the current configuration.

Paul, W9AC