Thanks for the reply Doug,

I think you may have identified what’s happening. I did receive excellent and
timely help from Elecraft when I had the need for new parts or questions
answered. I also received excellent support from Don Wilhelm before he retired,
and have nothing but praise for the service he provided.

Right now, what’s happening with my K2 (serial 7818) is a mystery. I’m not
getting notifications. I know that the problem I am having is also being
experienced by others, and a solution appears to be unknown at this time. See
Dave’s email to the reflector below.

> On Tue, 21 May 2019, at 18:11, Dave Van Wallaghen wrote:
>> Chris,
>>
>> I have worked on a few late model K2'S of late with the exact same problem.
>> The folks in support are currently looking into it to determine the source
>> of the problem.
>>
>> My solution was to replace the Control board EEPROM with a known properly
>> initialized one and everything came back to life. I even discussed this with
>> Wayne in Dayton. We're looking into whether we have an EEPROM issue or a
>> possible programming anomaly with the main PIC MCU.
>>
>> I'm currently on vacation with my wife 8 miles off the coast of Belize. I
>> have limited WIFI but will continue to check in.
>>
>> Stay tuned...

Thank you all for your comments. I’m doing as Dave suggests, staying tuned.
Don, KE0PVQ