Since any K4 has the subRX built in, I don't see the problem, although some changes in operating habits may be in order.

For working DX, tune to the DX station with VFO A - then put VFO A into VFO B - Listen to the DX on the subRX.

Then tune with VFO A for a suitable transmit frequency. Never a need to touch the VFO B knob, and no need to turn on SPLIT - always transmit on VFO A frequency.

The only reason to touch the VFO B knob would be if and when the DX decides to move his transmit frequency.

For contests folks will likely use RIT/XIT more than VFO B (except when scanning another band for multipliers), and for that type operation the K-Pod would be a desirable addition for many reasons, including easy access to Macros.

73,
Don W3FPR