Keith,
I would say yes. The Kent has a mechanical feel and sound to it (which isn't necessarily bad). The Hex key is much quieter and smoother in operation. The Hex key of course uses magnets
which gives it a totally different feel.
The flex on the arms is not a factor if you don't slap it around. If you are heavy fisted, the Kent may be a better choice. I have quite a selection of paddles both iambic and single and my
favorite is a Brown Bros BTL-A but that's another story.  ;>)

73,

Tony W7GO

Keith wrote:
So, Tony, is the improvement going from Kent to the Hex key as great as
the improvement going from the BY-1 to the Kent?