Good grief!

This is computer hardware and software. A business where “before end of year”
really means 2 hours before midnight.

And the “First Quarter” runs until May or June.

Don’t look for all the features to be fully implemented on first delivered
radios. Even the K3S is still a work in progress!

About “Production Runs”

Elecraft is a small company. They will prob build 25 or so radios for field
testers. This will allow some training for the small staff of assemblers.

Once they are satisfied with the product, they will begin assembling the first
radios. These builders are not robots. But humans who must go thru the process
of building a kit, without the “assembly manual” and it takes time. Once built,
it goes to the burnin rack where it will sit for up to 24 hours being tested
and evaluated. Now to packing and shipping. This “run”, one radio. The first
week may see a dozen radios out the door.  It slowly grows from here.

I’ve waited in line for a KX3, a PX3, and K3S.

I visited the “plant” a few years ago and spoke with a K3 builder. He said he
could build a K3 in under an hour. But he’d built maybe a thousand by then. And
the parts were all there in bins around his work area.

Sent from my iPhone
...nr4c. bill