And to think....
the casual observer would see the Elecraft genre as only about a really cool
cadillac of a portable rig that you can build. IMHO, the fact that it is a
catalyst of imagination, bringing together ideas of things to try, wether it be
vintage tube (valves for those of you across the pond), processor based
projects, or a combination thereof, is the real prize!! If I had a dollar for
everytime I looked at the reflector email digest and said "wow- that is a
really cool idea", I could afford to build everything Elecraft sells!
73s & 72s
Pete

> From: Bill Coleman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2006/06/09 Fri PM 06:40:50 CDT> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]>
> CC: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>,
>   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] re:  Nixie tube display for the K2
>

> On Jun 8, 2006, at 9:33 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > I am working on an building a "Novice Special" 12 watt transmitter
> > - think 70s qst - uses a 6c4 and a 5763 tube. After I get the base
> > transmitter working, I want to replace the Crystal with a DDS vfo
> > similar to the one in the KX1. All this came about when I was
> > scrapping out an old Heathkit condenser checker with a green eye
> > tube. the empty chassis screamed for such a project.
>
> I've got a similar project brewing. I found an old chassis from my
> Novice days. This 40m transmitter never quite worked. I'm going to
> strip it down and build a MOPA transmitter using a 6CL6 and 6146 tube
> for 30 and 40m. After that works, I'm intend to build a little solid-
> state receiver with an NE602/crystal filter/MC1350/NE602 receiver
> chain, not unlike some of Wayne's earlier designs.
>
> Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>              -- Wilbur Wright, 1901

Pete Axson
WD4LST
17901 NE 18th Ave