I also have this power supply and use it frequently for field work.

Have had no problems.

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of j...@kk9a.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 10:19 AM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Silent power supply for a K3s

I have a Powerwerx SS-30DV power supply but I only use it when operating from
the Caribbean. I have not heard any RF noise from it during normal contest
operation. I wish that there were more two more PowerPole jacks but I added a
junction so I can power all of my 12v peripherals plus the K3S by quickly
plugging them in. At home I use a 70amp Astron that I have owned for decades.
I have not heard any hum or RFI from it.

John KK9A

Nate Bargmann N0NB wrote:

This is has been an instructive thread as it gives some ideas for quieting the
top cover of the RM-50M under my desk.  I'm also curious that not much has been
written about the Power Werx SS-30DV resold by
Elecraft:

https://elecraft.com/collections/power-supplies/products/ss30dv-25a-30a-surge-power-supply

I presume the engineers at Elecraft have examined this model for noise on the
DC output and generated RF noise and found it quiet/acceptable, though a
technical report would be nice to see.

73, Nate, N0NB

delivered to gthorn...@thorntonmostullaw.com