My first PSK-31 contact seemed to go very well. I simply adjusted the MIC
level (Line) until there was 5-7 ALC bars. The adjustment was quite smooth.

Then I went off and did other things and I'm concerned I changed something.
Now I have to turn the level way way down on the USB Audio CODEC (-16.4
dB). Then I add another -3 dB using fldigi. Finally, I adjust the Mic to
Line = 17. The Mic adjustment isn't smooth.

The major change was the addition of the KAT500 and KPA500 (stby) and I'm
wondering if either I messed up a setting or maybe created an opportunity
for some RF feedback that's affecting the audio.

At this point, I don't know how to confirm the signal is clean (especially
PSK-31). I've only had one report of a possible problem and a number of
reports of "things look good" so I'm calling that a wash.

I found nothing in the instructions that told me to drop the level of the
USB Audio CODEC and -16.4 dB seems like a big drop. The CODEC is set for 16
bit, 48000 Hz.

Am I worrying about nothing? Is your setup with fldigi and DATA A using the
K3s's internal sound card similar?

Thanks for your patience.

73,
Kev N4TT