Hi Folks:

A while back, several folks posted links to a number of telescoping fiberglas pole sites.

I've visited the Jackite site. They are offering their 32' poles (black or orange) for $54.

I thought someone had found similar poles for a bit less than the Jackite price, however I may be in error here.

The Jackite poles look quite good and appear to be reinforced in the placed which would normally require such reinforcement.

I have several 30' 'Hot Poles' from an electric company. They failed the semi-annual HV QC tests, but will work exceptionally well for general antenna support use (particularly during FD), BUT they're a bit on the heavy side and a bit larger in diameter than I'd like to have if I was gonna take the pole on a trip in the car. Something slightly smaller / lighter is in order for such trips.

If you have a link to other ECONOMICAL sources of heavy-duty telescoping fiberglas poles, please either post them to the reflector (preferred) or drop a note to me direct.

Hope to order something yet this coming week.

Thansk,

Tom Hammond   N0SS