Good Morning,

    I spent an hour hiking the property with another set of loggers.  Three times in one week; I am getting my exercise. Today it was wet so we didn't break trail through the vine maple. Following in the elk paths was good enough to let them see the work to be done.  After this thinning I'll be able to clear cut the place in about ten years.

   Both of yesterday's nets were effected by persistent thunderstorms and deep QSB.  If you ride the QSB correctly I have a better chance of copying your call.  I gave one report of S1 to S7.  I was surprised to hear Steve's signal from Georgia.  I had expected the hurricane in Louisiana to be too noisy.  Working Rick in Alaska was also a plus.  Twenty meters worked pretty well. Forty meters was far more local with Idaho being DX. Unfortunately Roy won the highest temperature award.  With the high humidity the bugs must be hatching by the thousands.

  On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

NO8V - John - MI

KL7CW - Rick - AK

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

K4JPN - Steve - GA

K6XK - Roy - IA

  On 7047.5 kHz at 0000z:

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

W6JHB - Jim - CA

K6PJV - Dale - CA

WM5F - Dwight - ID

The sun sent us a CME which caused much of the QSB.  It also gave us a little stronger signals on the peaks as compared to last week.  During the solar doldrums any sort of ionic injection is appreciated.

Until next week 73,

    Kevin.  KD5ONS

-