A scenario from yesterday's contest.

I have the P3 set up to view about 3 or more KHz of spectrum. I use a K-pod
to run my way up from low to high. I like the FINE setting to get that
signal right where I want it but would like a course transition up to that
signal. I could push a button to turn off FINE or turn on COARSE, run to
the signal, push a button again to go back to FINE and finish the tuning. I
could set up the macro buttons on the KPOD to do this so I didn't have to
reach for the radio but still have to turn the functions on/off. Or, I
could propose a method of changing VFO resolution based on turn rate. I
like proposing things. One out of 100 gets a "hey, not a bad idea" comment.
:)

Options to change rates or even disable rate changes sounds fine to me.
There are features of the radio I don't use or turn off and they don't
affect me while operating. Others find those features useful so I'm all for
them being included. Clicking on spots is a possibility but not often
permitted (or changes class) in contests. I should be clear, the value of
this feature for me is in contesting where I'd prefer to keep my two hands
in place rather than flittering around different controls.

"MENU:VFO CTS will select 100/200/400 steps per revolution of the encoder."
Simply (tongue in cheek) add the option 100/200/400/variable. Maybe the
variable shifts between 100, 200, 400 based on VFO speed.

At any rate, the request stands. I would like to see a variable tuning rate
in the K3s, KX3 and K4HD which I plan to purchase after it is available or
test one out if Elecraft wants to send me one to play with.

Thanks for considering.

73,
Kev N4TT