Kev,

Since you use the K-Pod, why don't you set CONFIG:VFO OFS to ON, and then set CONFIG:VFO CRS for whatever Coarse setting you want (that is a per mode setting).

Then on the K-Pod, when you want a fast QSY, just flip the bottom switch to the RIT position and move the knob with the coarse steps - it can work as long as you do not have RIT or XIT turned on.
Switch the rocker back to VFO A (or B) to finish the fine tuning.

73,
Don W3FPR