Hi, after about 4 years of dormancy using other radios,  I've just about
finished building assembling my K2 (not the 100W version). I have built &
installed all the accessory modules so far except for the Noise Blanker. All
have checked out OK after replacing a "dud" trimmer in the ATU module.

I now want to connect the K2 to N1MM+ on the laptop, presumably using an
FTDI chipset USB/RS232 port connector plugged into the laptop. I have also
downloaded the Virtual Serial Port Emulator program & created a few virtual
COM ports in the same way as I would if using the K3 with N1MM+.

Using MENU/DISPLAY in the K2, I have switched the PORT - ON, but I don't see
anywhere to specify specific ports for connecting to the logging program & I
note that N1MM+ is not in the lists of programs in the KIO2 manual, which
seems somewhat of an oversight to me but I guess it's a historic omission?

I'm sure others have had a similar problem & hope that someone can point me
in the right direction? I had a K2 some years ago & seem to remember using a
Microham MK2 successfully but I hope to find a way of directly connecting
the K2 without using a Microham.

Any help or guidance appreciated

73 Ray G3XLG