Do not plug a USB-Serial adapter into the DE9 on the back of your K2!  That connector has both TXD/RXD signals at RS-232 levels AND internal K2 signals for accessories.

You need to fabricate an adapter that will connect ONLY TXD, RXD, and SIG GND to the USB adapter.  The COM port should show up in Device Mangler when you plug the USB into the computer.  No other ports required.  That COM port # goes into the N1MM+ Config->Ports display.

73,
Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County