Other then a relay, wonder what could be causing this problem:

I am having trouble with the T/R relay circuit hanging up on 20m only - 40
works fine.
The RX works on 20, then when I key to transmit it works but then wont go back
to receive properly. The signals are very weak and I have to turn the KX-1 off
and on to reset.

It sounds like one of the relays is hanging up - I think perhaps relay K1.  Am
I correct?  But why only on 20m and not 40m?

Thanks
Ken K1UM