James,

The amount of "rework" is minimal. There are ways to avoid doing as much component removal and changes, but I would not recommend that you do it on your initial kit build.

If you were to build a 2nd K2 (after installing the various options once), then I can see you reviewing the installation steps for the options and doing those things as you build the K2, but for the first time, build the base K2, do the alignment and test, and then add the options.

To help set your mind at ease, the components that you will need to remove for each of the options is as follows:
KPA100 -- none
K160RX -- none
KXV60  -- remove two capacitors
KAF2  -- remove two wires on the back of the control board
KNB2  -- change 3 resistors
KSB2  -- remove one capacitor

So IMHO, the "rework" is minimal. Most of the work for installation of the options is adds to the RF Board. For older K2s (below SN 3000), there is a bit more rework, but not for yours.

The hardest part of removing components from the boards is removing the solder from the holes. You can even waste the component to be removed and pull the leads out one at a time. Clean up the solder pads with solder wick, and if solder remains in the holes, heat the pad and push the solder out with a wooden toothpick so you can insert the new component or header.

73,
Don W3FPR