On 8/15/2019 12:00 PM, W0CD wrote:
Good afternoon.

I just received a new K2 kit from Elecraft (#7899). It includes all
available options for the K2/100 (amp, audio filter, 60m, SSB, etc.).

I understand adding these components after the K2 is built will require a
bit of rework to be completed. Is this true if you are building the entire
kit, with accessories, from scratch? I noticed the rework boards are no
longer available and I want to be sure I eliminate as much rework as
possible (if possible).

In other words, are there any accessories / addons I should be installing at
the time of the K2 build -- or do I complete the base K2 first before moving
on.

When I built mine, I built the option kits first, which got me familiar the assembly manuals, then I built the main kit, including the various connectors for the options, some of which needed temporary jumpers, where I used pushon jumper thingies.  It also involved a lot of perusing, and cross-referencing, the manuals. Once the main radio was finished and tested, then I added (plugged in) the option boards, one at a time, testing everything as I went. It all worked spendidly.

The only parts that I needed to add to the main radio at the time I built it were the connectors for the options, which were included in the options kits,  and some temporary jumpers.

--
Jim Fuller
N5XH