On 10/21/2019 9:13 PM, Andy Wood wrote:
I have been setting up my new shack at our remote property. We recently had
a fixed wireless internet connection installed at the house but it was too
far for the wifi signal to reach the shack (~200ft).

Remember that the 2.4 GHz band is UHF radio, and has greater range that the higher WiFi bands. Some WiFi routers are much better than others. It's worth studying the reviews online. Antenna location matters. So does mounting the unit so that it goes through windows rather than walls, and with line of sight to remote devices. Range can also be extended by using a WiFi router that allows for an external gain antenna. I have in my stash a couple of vertical antennas that provide about 10 dB gain in the horizontal plane.

73, Jim K9YC