Way back when, 78, I wrote the "RS-232 QTTY
Interface" software for the then Exxon "QYX
Intelligent Typewriter".  I remember when I started
that project, looking up the RS-232 Standard - at that
time I recall it was an old Bell standard interface -
both hardware and software functionality.
And at that time in 1978, the standard had been
long used and in many dusty archives then.  Of course
the QYX product promised to conform 100% with the then
RS-232 standard.

A couple months later, when we got the QYX
typewriter's QTTY package working - Exxon was all
happy that their product could send receive files
and messages, coast to coast.  Then IBM's "PC"
came on the market in 81 - and the Intelligent
Typewriter slowly fell out of favor.  I recall,
President Carter's daughter was reportedly one
of our first customers, or so rumors told us.

I too, here here, 2nd the suggestion for a USB
interface for my K2 # 5422.  Perhaps throw out
the code for the RS-232, and make the space
available for USB code if space need be.

Fred N3CSY
73's