-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Fred (FL)
Sent: Sunday, June 18, 2006 10:05 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Wayne...Eric...K2 with USB anytime soon??

Back in 78, making an "QYX Intelligent"
communicating Typewriter - perform TTY over an
RS-232 port, was a big comms deal.  The PC quickly
overtook these early "PC" devices.  Whether
"President Carter's daughter" really had one -
was a rumor I had heard at a software conference then.
Probably not true.   I do know - the Wall Street
Journal, ran an ad for our product, full page - when
we completed the product for Exxon.

Being able to transmit or receive a document,
from your desktop typewriter - was a big deal,
in 1978. Messages, documents, etc.  All based on TTY
and RS-232. Of course, all over phone or data lines.
TTY and RS-232 standards, at that time, had been
around for eons then.  Early 80's PC's did the same
thing.  I also think doing it via HF radio,
is also a neat ham activity.

Anyhoo - USB would be nice on a K2.  I'm too
long winded.

Fred, N3CSY