Good Evening,

   Eighty meters has a number of folks running with straight keys and bugs.  A few interesting sounding rigs out there too.  Whoops and squeaks and chirps.  Those ops can warm their fingers over glowing tubes.

   Today was the first dry day all week, relatively speaking. The river in the sky swerved to the right and is now hitting lower Oregon and upper California.  Snow level is about 2000 feet above me but will lower to my elevation by Wednesday.  Time to move more wood before it freezes into one solid chunk.

   There was some solar wind this week.  The auroral oval was intense on Thursday, wider than I've seen it in quite some time. Today the solar flux is back to where it has been for many months.  With only ten more days left in the year we could reach 285 spotless days for 2019.  It is hard to tell where the bottom of the minimum is until it is well past.  Kind of like noticing an increase in day length around the solstice.

Please join us tomorrow on:

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday  (2 PM PST Sunday)
 7047 kHz at 0000z Monday  (4 PM PST Sunday)

73,

   Kevin. KD5ONS

-