Don,

Good to hear from you. You helped me many times with K2 questions in the past. Thanks for that! Hope you are enjoying the Holiday Season.

I actually meant the TUNE button on the IC-7600. You must have meant on the KAT-500, since there is not a TUNE button on the KPA-500. It does not seem to matter which TUNE button I press. I think you confirmed that it is working as expected. Still a bit annoying. As soon as the TUNE cycle starts, of course there is RF. I guess the KAT-500 is not sensing frequency DURING the TUNE event. So, any time I switch Bands, I may go through a "complete" Tune cycle with an antenna for the wrong Band. Of course, that most likely will not complete with a match. The second TUNE cycle always selects the desired antenna.

I think I need to send the Band information from the IC-7600 to the KAT-500. My other option will be to use only one antenna with the KAT-500 during Contests. Is it safe to assume that if I send the Band info, this would not happen and the first TUNE cycle would be with the "correct" antenna?

73,

Tom, KG3V