Thanks Don.

I had the same thought about U1, but unfortunately the symptoms remain
after re-seating it a couple of times.

Regarding AUXBUS, I believe continuity is good, since a logic probe on
the KAT100 side shows activity when certain K2 controls are
manipulated such as Power, Tune, and Band. It is "high" at all other
times. I checked this all the way to pin 40 of U1.

Should I conclude that the next step would be to replace U1?