Not according the space weather gal!

<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkXjdDQ-db0xz8f4PKgKsag>

On 1/6/2020 5:15 PM, Bill Johnson wrote:
I don't think sun spot cycle is here yet.  The observers haven't noted the
tell-tale sign of the spots reversing polarization.  The cycles don't run a
calendar from what I have learned and because this cycle is one of lowest in
recorded history, possible we won't see the change from now until 2021.  Once
the expected polarization happens then that should be the beginning.  But at
least we have experienced a couple.

73,
Bill
K9YEQ

https://wrj-tech.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of kevinr
Sent: Sunday, January 5, 2020 9:57 PM
To: Elecraft Reflector <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Elecraft] Elecraft CW Net Report

Good Evening,

     I turned on the rig and found 20 meters filled with a roaring, windy
sound.  Just a little QSB, on 40 meters it would be worse. The sun has thrown
something at the earth.  Enough of it to cause impressive aurora.  One tiny
sunspot can't be this strong; unless those of cycle 25 are special.  I say we
need more of them so we can test this hypothesis.

    On 14050.5 kHz at 2200z:

K6XK - Roy - IA

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

K4JPN - Steve - GA

K0JFJ - Nick - AZ

KC1ACL - Steven - NM

    On 7047.5 kHz at 0000z:

KC1ACL - Steven - NM

K0DTJ - Brian - CA

K6PJV - Dale - CA

K0JFJ - Nick - AZ

     Weather reports were of a mild new year.  Even Oregon has had moments of
sunshine.  If this keeps up I'll need to go hiking.  Or maybe it's time to work
on antennas.  It is muddy enough.  If the rainy days continue I'll get some
work done.  If not I'll be too busy working outside to get anything done :)

Until next week stay warm and stay well 73,

      Kevin.  KD5ONS

-

https://www.saveur.com/sicilian-almond-pesto-eggplant-pasta-recipe/

delivered to k9...@live.com