The major issue I've found in using VOX for data modes lies in the fact that any noise {hum,  buzz, clicks, broadband noise, Windows sounds, RFI, etc.} coming out of the computer can and will trigger the VOX.  This is specially true if the VOX gain is too high.  Also, the VOX delay does affect turn-a-round time and must be set to minimum.  That in itself then requires the operator to change VOX gain and Delay when reverting to SSB.  Of course if one doesn't use VOX for SSB it is a non issue.  And if in digital modes the VOX Gain is high and such that the system is driven into distortion, VOX audio chain, that will affect the delay time.

I agree with Don in that I find CAT is the better and most assured mode for transitioning between RX and TX.   As to CW using VOX with the K3S, that is totally internal to the radio.  A very different condition than one running an external application.

At the same time, I am not exactly clear on using multiple decoders.  I presume from what I've read, then each decoder has the option to transmit.  Thus the issue of conflicts with port assignments will likely arise.   Me, I prefer to keep life simple and use one mode at at time, running the application from the base application and not from within other applications.   I find life to be simpler and much less stressful but more reliable, thus not having to frequently determining what changed and why it doesn't work today.

This is totally independent on running one application and one decoder or multiple applications and decoders.   It is not a race, it is a hobby.   Thus coming in first has little merit.

Just remember, we are all going to get to the same place at sometime in the future.   The mortuary cooling slab could likely be one place.

73

Bob, K4TAX