I have a KX2   serial # 41  .. which I have had since the beginning. I remember hustling over to the Elecraft booth at DAYTON, as they announced the radio & instant availability at Dayton ( 50 some sets at the fest)...

My KX2 is mounted in my VW right where I wanted it !!!! drives the KXPA100 to a screwdriver on the roof rack. Works great on 80 meters, and the world on 40 &  20 etc..

After trying every mini pelican case and many photo bags, I currently travel with it wrapped in clothing in the suitcase. It is so small,  any case seems to add unnecessary bulk. The mini photo bags carry the antenna line and a  little cheap headset.

on my qrz page there are two pictures , one on the Atlantic shore and the other on Grismey Island  north of Iceland in the Arctic Circle.   I am pedestrian mobile with a drag counterpoise line.

  ( https://www.qrz.com/lookup/NY9H )

bill           n...@arrl.net