Ken -

I installed/built KSB2 in my K2 # 5422, last month.

I got poorly sounding "filters", before I went thru
an entire "SPECTROGRAM rev 5.7" filter and BFO
settings alignment.   Spectrogram 5.7, is the
last free version of this software.  I used my
laptop's sound card system (mike input), to
run the K2 filter alignments,  using a stereo
cable with double stereo tips.  (K2 remote
speaker connector to PC laptop's mike input)

On the KSB2's manual, page 10, - did you record and
save the "calibration number" that was included
with the SSB filter crystals set (X1-X7)?  With this
you should have gotten your LSB/USB TRANSMIT
BFO FREQUENCIES - for "BF1t", etc.

Did you ground the crystal cases of X1-X7, as shown
on page 10?

By the way - I ended up using a Ten Tec 701 mobile
ham mike, which I bought from Ten Tec for like
$22 us.  I've got an install-sheet for the K2,
for that mike.

Good Luck, 73's
Fred N3CSY