Not so fast. The K3's T/R switch can be overwhelmed by very strong signals. The result is intermod junk all over the bands. This happened to me with a 50 kW AM BC signal at about 1000 kHz that is line-of-sight to my antenna. I don't see why a super-strong VHF signal couldn't have the same effect.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
Formerly K2VCO