The key here is the need for the AuxIO cable. The K3 exposes the second set of
per-band power settings when it knows the KPA is attached and is in OPER mode.
Of course to be able to communicate the AuxIO cable needs to connect the KPA to
the K3, and the K3 needs to be set with RADIO = K3.

Once all the conditions are set, tap the OPER button on the KPA to put it in
OPER mode. The K3 will show a message indicating that the KPA is ready to go.
You should be able to set the power level on the K3 to whatever level you need.
Tapping the OPER button on the KPA will take it back to STBY and the K3’s Power
level should then show the non-amplified power level.

Of course, if you do not have the AuxIO cable installed, none of this magic can
occur. The KPA needs to be able to talk to the K3 for our magic to happen.

73!
Jack, W6FB