I've built a couple of the small Elecraft kits in the past. Basically, just stick the components on the PCB and solder.

The KRC-2 is a bit more more complex, some mechanical pieces need to be assembled in the correct order or you get to remove them to solder in some components. I was alerted to this because I read the assembly manual prior to starting. Doh! The assembly was straight forward, reminded me of the old Heathkit days except Heathkit had more assembly sketches. I learned about cold solder joints with my first Heathkit, an AR-2 SW RCVR I built when I was 7 YO. I had a TV repair guy go over the radio and show me what I had done incorrectly and how to prevent them in the future. A great resource. Plus, I got all his old radio and TV units that were deemed unrepairable to build a parts stash.

I plugged it in and no smoke escaped. The check-out procedure was straight forward. All A-OK.

I boxed it and sent it to its new home.

---
73 de W3AB/GEO