Right on Bill,  the radio has only a small part to play in these contests,
if it provides the basic operation thats all thats needed,  the operator
is the key.   They all are as equal as possible with the same antennas
same locations etc.
Contests for a number of years at K4VX multi-multi and I observed and
learned the operator was the winning key.
Have seen good operators sit down with a "poor" radio and make double
the contacts another op with the best radio available made.

I was addressing the use of Elecraft being with mostly "losers" in jest,
seems many are out of work and nothing to do but think seriously,
many have lost all sense of humor and reading comprehension as well,

This is a senseless comparison. In a NASCAR race, it’s driver/car against
driver/car. But with radio contests it’s only operator against operator.
There’s no easy way to play radio against radio. Nowhere in the log for radio
mfg to be logged.

Maybe a new contest.  Exchange might be RS(T), first letter of mfg name, and
model number; like “59 E K3S”. I feel sorry for guys using some Yeasu rigs!

QWH?

Sent from my iPhone
...nr4c. bill